-Your starting colonist is placed in your circle to begin the game. It is possible that all of the colonists in your circle can be arrested. However, you do continue to play.
– Mary Spencer Hill and Increase Mather have to be removed from the Colonist deck before you shuffle it and remove 6 cards.
– Quick start sheet refers to tokens rather than messengers
– Once colonists are arrested, they may only be unarrested by Philip English and his ability (accusations and Spectral Evidence have no impact on this).
– You may not arrest colonists from other faction’s arrested collections.
– Tokens are removed from the arrested colonists and are put back into the supply.
– Take Influence – Take an influence token from another player’s influence token bank and add it to yours.
– Remove Influence – Take an influence token from another player’s influence token bank and add it to the general reserve.
– Influence tokens that Dr. Griggs places on Colonists are “Advocate” tokens and cannot be taken or removed.
Clock Icon – These ongoing abilities only occur when the colonist is in a players circle.
Afflicted Girls can place accusations on William Proctor when his is in the field of play, but not when he is in someone’s circle.
The only abilities that trigger when a card is not in a players circle are “when arrested” and the Sarah Good/Mary Black scapegoat ability.
Tituba’s ability works after ANY arrest.
Sarah Good / Mary Black
Sarah Good and Mary Black ability can be used with the following exceptions. It their card:
1. has the protection token
2. has been arrested
3. is still in the deck
4. has the Spectral Evidence token
5. is in YOUR circle and you are attempting to arrest a Prominent colonist.
If you choose the first 2 accusation spots – place 2 instead of 1
If you select the later accusation location – place 3 instead of 2
If you have afflicted girls in your circle, place only 1 additional accusation even if you have multiple girls placing multiple accusations.
If you have Tituba and Thomas, she will place 2 after every arrest.
If a card has both spectral evidence and protect placed on it, can that card be arrested? No, it cannot. Nothing defeats protection, only moving it will make the colonist suseptible to arrest.
When you resolve the Spectral Evidence space (or use Mercy Lewis’ ability), you may place the Spectral Evidence token on any colonist you chose. In effect, you are “moving” it from one colonist to another. This is also true of Protection.
BRING INTO CIRCLE
You can recruit another colonist from another player’s circle, this is expensive (accusations and Spectral Evidence have no impact on this) and typically not worth it… but it can be done.